Have you heard of facial injections but not quite sure what it does or why it is used? At Clapham South Dental Centre, our dental practitioners are qualified to administer these facial injections that are aimed at offering patients a more youthful appearance. Tell-Tale signs such as wrinkles have become the scourge of facial aesthetics for the same reasons that greying hair has to be dyed – these are the most common visible signs of ageing.
Botox in Clapham is derived from Botulinum Toxin Type A, to produce a therapeutic treatment that influences muscle activity. This type of aesthetic treatment is administered in small doses and it is best for patients to choose a skilled and experienced practitioner to administer the injections. This is critical to avoid any complications from occurring. At first the treatment was used mainly for treating conditions such as eye spasms and misalignment of the eye, but now has become widely used in cosmetic applications.
Common facial areas where anti-ageing injectable fillers are used
- Area between the eyebrows
In the glabella area – the area between the eyebrows, is where the corrugators muscles, also called vestigial muscles, can be found. Once these muscles played an important role in presenting a scowling appearance (this type of body language was useful in instilling fear in the enemy). This function has now become obsolete in the modern era.
The appearance of horizontal lines and vertical wrinkles are commonly found in the middle section of the forehead. Injectable fillers effectively smoothen out these issues.
Other injection sites also include:
- Outer area of the brow
- Lateral Orbital Lines also referred to as Crow’s feet area
- Dimpled or rumpled chins (chin dents)
- Perioral Lines alternatively known as Smoker’s Lines
- Bunny lines or otherwise the lines alongside the nose
- Muscles located around the mouth
- The neck although only in select patients
- Certain areas in the body where sweat glands are located: palms, under arms and backs of knees and soles of the feet.
Benefits of Botox in Clapham
Facial injectable fillers have become a go-to anti-ageing product due to a number of highly sought after benefits that they offer patients. These skin-enhancing benefits include:
- Minimizing the appearance of wrinkles (eyes and lips)
- Improving the appearance of fine lines
- Eliminating distracting horizontal lines
- Elevate eyebrows to augment facial symmetry
- Used to lower the upper lip to reduce the appearance of a gummy smile
- Reduce the need for a neck lift by moderating vertical bands found in the neck area
- Smooth out dimpled chins
- Reduce excessive sweating
Think Botox in Clapham can benefit you? Book a consultation at Clapham South Dental Centre and one of our dental practitioners will be happy to carry out an evaluation and determine where the best injection site is to give you the results you want. Our dental practitioners are very familiar with administering injections in the facial area, and together with our sound knowledge of facial muscles, our dentists are best placed to carry out safe and effective injectable filler procedures. Call today to schedule your appointment.