Botox in Clapham– some useful info
In recent years, many dentists have incorporated Botox and other facial rejuvenation treatments into their menu of services. Smile makeovers consisting of teeth straightening, teeth whitening and even Botox have become very popular for patients looking to improve their smile and get rid of wrinkles and fine lines.
Our dentists are very thoroughly trained in the anatomy and musculature of the face and can provide injections successfully. At Clapham South Dental Centre, our experienced dentists are highly capable of delivering Botox in Clapham with outstanding results.
Is Botox safe?
Botox is a purified toxin and has a proven record of safety and efficacy through clinical study and successful outcomes around the world. Botox in Clapham is of the highest quality and is perfectly safe for treating fine lines and wrinkles.
How does Botox work?
Botox is injected directly into the skin, targeting specific muscles such as those in the forehead and the outer corner of the eye. The activity of these muscles is reduced after the injection as the nerve impulses that cause them to contract are blocked temporarily. When the muscles are not used, wrinkles actually become softer.
How much time will I need?
Botox injections are very brief and are usually completed within 15 minutes or less, depending on the areas treated. Botox is truly a 'lunchtime' procedure since you can continue your regular activities without disruption immediately after the procedure.
How long does treatment last?
Depending on the area of your face treated, Botox in Clapham can last from 3-6 months. As muscle action gradually reactivates, the wrinkles will return and will need to be treated again. If you repeat your Botox treatment regularly, you will notice that wrinkles and fine lines will be less severe with each reappearance.
Is Botox right for me?
If you are interested in Botox in Clapham but you are not sure whether this is the right cosmetic treatment for you, we can help. Our experienced dentists will evaluate your skin and facial anatomy and determine if Botox is right for you.
To find out how we can help you retain your youthful appearance with Botox, click here
Anti-Ageing Injectable Treatment
If you want to reduce the lines on your face without having to resort to surgical procedures, the good news is that facial rejuvenation techniques can soften wrinkles for a more youthful appearance. The benefit of having this treatment done by dentists is that they have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the facial anatomy and can perform this delicate work in a precise and safe manner. Our practice uses Botox in Clapham for this treatment, an injectable aesthetic solution. Here is how it works:
- 1) Once injected into the skin the botulinum toxin relaxes the tiny facial muscles, which cause expression lines, by blocking the nerve impulses in them, leaving the skin looking smoother.
- 2) Areas on the face that can be treated include frown lines (vertical lines which form between the eyebrows), eyebrows, crow's feet, forehead lines and lines around the mouth and top lip, known as 'smoker's lines'.
- 3) The injection is quick and painless, usually lasting around 5-10 minutes and requiring no anaesthetic. Results will usually be seen in a few days, sometimes taking between 4-7 days for the effects to be seen.
As this is not a permanent treatment, the effects will wear off over time. It is, therefore, possible for the procedure to be repeated every 3 months for effective results.
- Reduced facial lines for more youthful appearance.
- Non-surgical and painless procedure.
Dermal Fillers in Clapham-some useful info
Dermal filler treatment is a cosmetic procedure that plumps up facial lines and wrinkles to make the skin look more youthful. Fillers usually consist of sterile hyaluronic acid gels made from non-animal sources. As we age, the skin's natural hyaluronic acid is lost, giving rise to the appearance of lines, wrinkles and folds. Fillers are also used for lip enhancement and for shaping facial, hand and neck contours. Here is how dermal filler treatment works:
- 1) Local anaesthetic is first administered to the area to prevent any discomfort.
- 2) The dermal filler is then injected, which only takes a few minutes.
- 3) The effect of the treatment is visible immediately.
- 4) Depending on the area treated, skin type and the injection technique, the filler effect can last between 6 and 12 months (usually six months for lips)
- 5) Follow-up treatments will help to maintain the plumped up look over time.
What areas can dermal fillers improve?
- Smoothed out skin surface for a more youthful appearance.
- Non-surgical and painless procedure.
If you would like to talk to use about Botox in Clapham, contact our friendly team.
Meet the Experts
Dr. Mohsin Ghor BDS Queen Mary University of London 2014
GDC No. 252351
Mohsin has trained in Harley Street as a Facial Aesthetics Provider offering anti-ageing and facial rejuvenation treatments using dermal fillers and Botox.
Dr. Rachel Ibbotson BChD Leeds 2013
GDC No. 244785
Dr Rachel Ibbotson has a caring and preventative approach to dentistry and is dedicated to providing the very best in quality and service.
She has a particular interest in cosmetic dentistry and facial aesthetics, including Invisalign, composite bonding, anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers. She is passionate about achieving natural, beautiful results.